Wednesday 4 September 2013

I'm Cooking... Curry... For Dinner


I was at the end of my food supplies so before I went shopping
again to stock up and fill the pantry and fridge, I decided to make a
vegetable curry to use all the bits and pieces.
I have a curry sauce recipe I use for lots of things...
So I made that (recipe at the end) and then added vegetables...
My tiny kitchen gets in a bit of a mess...
But eventually things get put away again and the dishes done
 

Here's the sauce and instead of coconut milk I added a
tin of tomatoes. I put in pumpkin, carrot...

Have you come across this Palm Sugar. I use it a lot, it
gives a lovely sort of sweet and sour flavour
different from cane sugar. One cube is plenty


Then I added chopped celery including lots of the tops
of the green leaves and some chopped chard including
the lovely coloured stems. I left it to cook until
tender and it was a consistency I like then I
added a tin of Chickpeas to make a complete meal...
Very warming and yummy and it fed me for three days.

CURRY SAUCE RECIPE
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pot (I used organic coconut oil)
Add 1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds and black mustard seeds
Cook until mustard seeds start popping (not long)
Then add 1 medium onion chopped, saute till light brown
Add 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (I love ginger so am generous)
1/2 teaspoon chilli power, flakes, sauce (amount to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon cardamon powder
2 teaspoons curry powder
Cook 2 minutes
Add 2 medium tomatoes chopped
Cook 2 minutes stirring regularly
1 cup hot water
1 400g tin coconut cream
Salt & pepper to taste
At the end after adding fish (roll smallish pieces in
flour & tumeric, pan fry then add), or chicken pieces or
veges, add 1 teaspoon cumin powder
Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: