Monday 27 February 2012

Move Over Pharmaceuticals

For a long time I have wanted to make my own creams and lotions.
So finally I have done it and made this good enough to eat 'Skin Food'.
Actually there is nothing in it that you couldn't eat...
So as I nourish my skin I am also feeding my body.
Do you know that what you put on your skin is absorbed and shows up in blood tests.
I am passionate about NOT using cheap commercial products with Parabens (a cheap toxic petroleum derived preservative) and Soduim Laurel Sulphate  (another cheap petroleum derived substance that starts it's life as an industrial degreaser).
These are killing us.
These substances are found in women's breast cancer cells and men's prostate cancer cells.
They only exist to make the pharmceutical companies rich.
As Napoleon Bonapart said "You medical people will have more lives to answer for in the other world than even we generals".

 

So here is the recipe - 
I changed it a bit as my Motor Home kitchen is small so I used what I had!
The cost $13!  So no excuses - get cooking.

 
SKIN FOOD - BODY LOTION
3/4 cup almond oil
1/3 cup coconut oil
25gr grated beeswax
2/3 cup rosewater (I used green tea made with 2 tea bags)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
1-2 drops rose oil (I used 6 drops lavender oil)
2 vitamin E oil capsules
Melt almond, coconut & beeswax gently (picture) let cool.
Mix rosewater, aloe vera, rose oil & vit E.
Whip this mixture into beeswax mix till thick smooth and creamy. 



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yummy......... it looks like some delectable ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just realised how many nasties are in the 'natural' palmers body butter my feet get massaged with...eeewwww!!! Move over Palmers!

    ReplyDelete